Nothing beats the simple pleasure of snuggling into your favorite blanket with a book. On a cold winter night.
Created as a lightweight alternative to wool, fleece blankets have been around for some time and are made of cotton or polyester. Soft, light and deliciously warm, the right fleece blanket will have you ensconced in soft luxurious warmth. On the other hand, the wrong fleece blanket will turn into a shrunken mess right after the first wash or shed over the whole house. Choosing the perfect fleece blanket could be a daunting task. The key features to look out for include softness, weight, thickness, and the ability to retain size and texture after several washes. I have compared several blankets and selected the best fleece blanket based on analysis of each product. I hope you enjoy this guide! If you are also in the market for mattress protectors, a loft bed for your kids, or a new high-support orthopedic mattress for yourself, then take a look at my linked guides.
What’s the best fleece blanket available on Amazon
This fleece blanket arrived in a nice package. I had it washed before trying it out and was pleasantly surprised to find very little or no balls of lint from the blanket. It felt very soft, fluffy and cozy; definitely high quality. With the 100% polyester, 350 GSM, I found it to be plush and super soft. You won’t believe how comfortable this thing is…and what suprises me is that all the amazon reviews are 5 stats. Could that be because it’s a good product? Nobody had any issues with it? Well, I certainly didn’t! The lightweight nature of this blanket makes it easy to carry and store. It comes in 4 sizes- king, queen, twin and travel which makes it suited for sleeping, sofa, camping, in car, backpacking and travelling. I like how it has all the options available because getting a king size fleece blanket is pretty rare (for our bed). For you people who like making your bed room fancy, this fleece blanket is available in 9 colors – camel, green, ivory, grey, sky blue, dark grey, royal blue, and purple to match all tastes and décor.
It’s made with high quality materials and offered me a comfortable sleeping experience. It was a bit warm to use in summer in California, but it’s definitely great for winter! I was snug, warm, and still felt like the blanket was pretty light. For me, its combination of great features and a very affordable price place it at number one on my list and make it the best fleece blanket. I literally could not think of anything bad about this blanket.
What we liked
- 100% microfibre polyester, 350 GSM
- Durable, no fading and no shedding
- Easy care
- Suitable for any situation
- Super soft and lightweight
- Breathable and anti-static
- Great value for money
What we did not like
- About the only thing bad about it might be the color (according to amazon reviews). I got a dark grey one and it looked fine but one of the amazon reviewers thought that the color didn’t match what was in the picture.
I usually love my blankets generously sized. The Queen Polar-Fleece blanket is big at 90 x 90 inches. Made from 100% polyester, it certainly kept me warm and cozy through the “chilly” California nights. Yes, I know, California is probably not cold compared to your state, but we also don’t run our heaters that often inside the house.The fabric is 2 side brushed which gives it that extra soft texture and plush feel. It’s pretty lightweight and easy to fold and store. This makes it easy to carry in a backpack. you can choose from any of the available four colors- gray, navy, tan, and chocolate to match your room. It also comes in 3 sizes- twin, full/queen, and king.
I thought this blanket wasn’t as warm as the #1 best fleece blanket above. It’s also a bit lighter weight and so I didn’t feel as snug in it. However, this polar fleece blanket is still decently comfortable and made with good quality materials. It’s also about average in terms of price compared to other blankets, breaking the bank. This puts it at the number 2 position on my list.
What we liked and why this is the #2 best fleece blanket we know
- Super soft and comfortable.
- Easy to care fabric.
- Cozy and warm
- Lightweight and easy to store
What we did not like
- It’s not breathable
- A little bit of lint found on the blanket
- It’s a little bit less warm than some of the others. Totally depends on the person using it though…some people are cold sleepers and others are warm.
What we liked
- 2 sided silky-soft and fluffy textures for a luxurious feel.
- 100% microfiber polyester fabric
- Easy care.
What we did not like and why it’s not our #1 best fleece blanket
- Tends to shed microfibre
- Too thin for freezing weather
I really liked the blend of luxurious coziness and attractive color choices. You should however keep in mind that it’s a much warmer blanket so that may decide whether you buy it. Based on my criteria, and how comfortable I found it in California, this places it 4th on my list compared to the best fleece blanket above.
What we liked
- The double-sides reversible design offers you two available colors. This adds a nice accent to your bedding and room.
- 460 GSM or 460 grams per square meter for ultra-soft, warmer feel. It’s also a bit heavier and thus makes you feel more snug.
- Easy care. I didn’t have any issues washing / drying it.
What we did not like
- Some other customers reported that it was slippery. I didn’t think it was any more or less slippery.
- Warmth and snugness depend on the user! So if you want something really really warm and heavy then maybe go for 1000+ gsm
This is an interesting blanket made of sherpa fleece with a 2-inch hem. It’s not the usual fleece blanket which looks like fleece on both sides. Sherpa fleece has fleece on one side and the other side looks like the inside of a fuzzy home slipper. It’s lighter weight than normal fleece blankets of similar warmth and makes you feel really warm and cozy. I think the air that gets trapped in the giant spaces between the polymer.It’s reversible which means I can use both sides and they are equally comfortable. I think the white side with the sherpa fleece might be a bit warmer because of trapped air like I mentioned above. The hems are sewn with twofold needle sewing for added durability. Its available in 2 colors- grey and navy blue, and 4 sizes- king, queen, twin and throw. I like how it is priced below similar blankets in its class. Compared to the #1 best fleece blanket above, I gave this product a #5 because it’s lighter so it doesn’t “feel” as cozy compared to the heavier blankets. I know it’s very dependent on the person so take this with a grain of salt. I would definitely order it and give it a try though. It’s easy to return through amazon.
What we liked
- Durable and wrinkle resistant. I didn’t notice any issues with it while cleaning it or just letting it sit on the bed after drying. Then again, I don’t care about wrinkles on my fleece blanket…so perhaps if you care about the wrinkles this feature would be valuable to you.
- Soft and very warm
- Quite affordable
What we did not like and why it is rated as the #5 best fleece blanket on this list
- It’s not as warm as wool even though it looks similar. I know this is not really a con because it’s a perception issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning for people looking for wool or heated blankets.
- Thinner so it doesn’t feel as cozy as the heavy blankets
- No king size? Ugh.
Fleece blankets are an essential component of your closet throughout every season. Yes, in California there is less reason to have a warm blanket in summer but perhaps in your state things will be different. Fleece is known for softness and warmth, it’s lightweight, comfortable, and depending on which blanket you get it’s easy to care for. Make sure you select the right blanket based on your budget and preference for warmth, texture, comfort, ease of use and durability. If you are looking for other bedding such as waterproof mattress protectors or bunkie boards, definitely check out the related guides. I’ll see you next time!